$2501 – Insufficient Memory
ERROR: “Insufficient memory for this operation” running Pathways
Issue – ERROR: “Insufficient memory for this operation” running Pathways
Resolution – Change the value in the SHAREDMEMSIZE field to 4096
Product – Pathways
Issue Details – $2501 “insufficient memory for this operation” messages display when you try to start or run PLATO Pathways. or “Insufficient memory for this operation” errors display on workstations when Pathways is trying to open a table, for example: Type :EDBEngineError Message : Insufficient memory for this operation. Table:C:\WINDOWS\PWAY\DB\prereqlt.db Application : 220.127.116.11 Workstation : 42693 Source : TSDForm (unhandled) Type : EDBEngineError Message : Insufficientmemory for this operation. Table: C:\WINDOWS\PWAY\DB\resource.db Application :18.104.22.168 Workstation : 42870 Source : TfrmLessExec (unhandled)
Pathways uses the Borland Database Engine (BDE) for database functions. Your application (or another BDE application) has used up the memory available to the BDE. The $210D error is a Borland Database Engine error caused by a shared memory conflict. The $2501 error means”insufficient memory for this operation.” The errors can usually be resolved by changing the default settings in the BDE, which may include increasing sharedmemsize, minbufsize, maxbufsize, or changing sharedmemlocation.
Change the default settings in the BDE:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > BDE Administrator, or Navigate to C:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files and open the BDE folder.
- Click the System Folder to expand it.
- Click the INIT icon. A list of configuration settings will display.
- Type 0x5BDE in the SHAREDMEMLOCATION field.
- Change the value in the SHAREDMEMSIZE field to 4096.
- Click the Object pull-down menu.
- Click Apply, and then answer OK to the confirmation to Save all edits…
- Try to run PLATO Pathways again. If the problem still occurs, try the same instructions above, but this time, try a SHAREDMEMSIZE property at 8192.