Cleaning the Zebra 2824/2824 Plus Print Head
Cleaning the Zebra printer is often overlooked, but it’s one of the easiest tasks to perform. By cleaning your print head once a month you can optimize it’s performance, elongate print head life, and enhance print quality and darkness. The cleaning procedure is simple to do and only takes a couple of minutes, when done properly.
The following items can be used to clean your print head:
- Q-Tips with rubbing alcohol
- Isopropyl alcohol wipes
- Zebra cleaning pens (preferred method of manufacturer)
Warning! – Make sure the printer has not been in use for at least an hour before cleaning.
To clean the print head:
- Open the cover.
- Locate the print head, and allow to cool if necessary for up to one minute.
- Prepare your cleaning tool. (In our case we are using a Q-tip and Isopropyl alcohol).
- Apply cleaning solution to heating elements of print head, moving from side to side to remove any built up residue.
- Allow alcohol to dry, re-secure lid and resume normal operation.