How to Setup an Auto Backup for POSIM on Windows
These steps must be completed on the POSIM server machine
- Click HERE to download the Backup Utility for Windows
- Unzip the download and you will see two files. EVO Backup.exe and EVO Backup Silent.exe
- Double Click on “EVO Backup” and you will see the following
- Click “Backup” and you will see the following
- Choose a backup location and press Save. We recommend saving backups to an external hard drive. When the backup completes you will see the following.
- Click OK and your first backup is complete
Setting up the Auto Backup
- Open Task Scheduler. (START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>Task Scheduler)
- Under Actions choose “Create Basic Tasks” and you should see the following
- Type a name for the task and press NEXT. Then you should see the following.
- Choose how often you want to run the task. We recommend daily. Then press NEXT and you should see the following.
- Choose the time of day you want to run the task. Then press NEXT and you should see the following.
- Choose “Start a Program” then press NEXT and you should see the following.
- Click “BROWSE…” and location the “EVO Backup Silent.exe” and Click OPEN. Then click NEXT and you should see the following.
- Click FINISH and your task is complete.
NOTE: For backups to be most protected the database needs to be taken off site, which means taking it home on an external hard drive daily or using an online backup service.