Mag Stripe Reader XM95 Track 2 Configuration (Windows only)
To properly accept credit card or gift card swipes, the XM95 mag stripe reader needs to be configured to read Track 2. This is typically the default setting for these readers when purchased, but they occasionally need to be manually configured to Track 2.
Drivers and Config Utility:
- Install the MSR XM95 drivers and the configuration utility.
- Run the configuration utility
- Click “Select Reader Interface”
- Select USB as the plug-in. If the driver is installed correctly this will automatically populate the comport dropdown selection. Click continue.
- From the “Change Basic Settings” window, click the “Track Settings” tab.
- From here you will select the radio button for “Track 2 Only”, and click the “Send to MSR” button on the bottom of the window.
- The reader will now be configured to send the correct format when scanning cards in POSIM.