If your Zebra LP 2824 is printing barcodes that are in a script format, it is most likely caused by the printer being in a Line Mode. The steps listed below troubleshoot how to get the Zebra LP2824 to print back into Page Mode. Page Mode will get the Zebra LP 2824 printing the actual barcode label you have selected in POSIM.
Take the Zebra LP 2824 out of Line Mode so it prints the barcode and not the formula.
- Turn off the Zebra LP 2824 by using the switch on the side of the printer.
- While the printer is turned off, hold your finger down on the round feed button on the top of the printer.
- While still holding the feed button down, turn the Zebra LP 2824 back on using the switch located on the side of the printer.
- When the light around the feed button blinks red, lift your finger off of the feed button.
- When the light around the feed button turns green, press the feed button down again, and hold it down until the light turns orange (labels may feed out during this time).
- When the light around the feed button turns orange, lift your finger off of the feed button.
- The light will go away for a moment, and then it will turn green.
- Once the light is green, try to print a label from an Item Card.
If nothing prints, you may need to do a hex dump on the printer:
- Turn off the printer.
- Hold the feed button down.
- Turn on the printer while keeping the feed button pressed down.
- When the red light blinks twice, remove your finger from the feed button.
- The printer will star calibrating the labels and then start printing.
- Once it stops printing, press the feed button once to exit out of dump mode.
- You should now be able to print a label from an Item Card in POSIM.